Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ♥

I want to wish you a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Whatever it is you're doing, I hope you have a great one!

We definitely do not need one specific day to love one another, so remember to spread the love not only today, but everyday.

As mentioned before, Gerson is quite a romantic. He's written me several poems and love letters that literally bring tears to my eyes. I'm going to share one of the first poems he wrote to me on our first Valentine's Day together as a couple. (FYI, I do have his permission to share it)
We were actually going to have this poem printed on our wedding invitations, but it was kind of too long.... Enjoy! And have a LOVE-ly day!!!

The day I found you
I found more than a beautiful woman
More than charming smiles lighting up my days
I found more than a girlfriend or a best friend
I found more than someone I can share my life, my dreams, and my hopes
Someone I can have long conversations where the least important thing is what is being said
Or go and discover new places but still come back to the same old ones
And tell new jokes but still laugh harder every time we remember the "only one"
That day I found more than moments full of romance and delicate caresses
I found more than beauty, kisses, perfect hands or kissable cheeks
I found more than many "te quiero mucho"over and over again
That day I found more than what I asked for

The day I found you, I found love. - Gerson O. Pineda 2/14/04

0 comments: