Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!

Yesterday, July 9th, was Gerson's 31st bday.

Gerson makes my life much happier. Not that I wasn't happy before meeting him, but he makes my life better. He's a man with such a beautiful heart, serviceable, handsome, intelligent, and admirable. Thus, I love to celebrate his birthday! And more than any other day do I like to tell him how grateful I am for his life, and for the opportunity to share my life with his.

If you're my friend on Facebook, you would know that he had asked me to cook him a nice dinner for his birthday. Honestly, I would have preferred to dine out, but it was his birthday, not mine.

I remembered that Gerson constantly mentions a chicken lasagna he ate 2 years ago in Cartagena, Colombia. So the day of his birthday, I began to cook my version of Santa Clara's pasta around 2pm. I started early just incase I would have screwed up, I could have gone with plan B, Central Market.

I set up a candle light dinner outside in our patio. I even decorated with my paper lantern lights that I used once when we celebrated one of our monthly boyfriend-girlfriend anniversaries. Then, I wrapped his 3 presents which were
1. A lens for his camera (cause the one he often used broke 2 months ago)
2. A guitar wall hanger (cause his guitar lays under our bed and is hardly seen)
3. 2 Ralph Lauren, 400 count, synthetic pillows (cause my mom once left one of her goose down pillows and every night Gerson claims that pillow is his and we play-fight for it cause it's the best one!)

Thankfully, everything went according to plan. He came home to many birthday surprises and loved every one of them! We popped a bottle of champagne and finished the night with a slice of birthday cake. I've got to say it was a perfect night. And my chicken lasagna came out shockingly delicious!

Here are some pictures that I took with my phone last night. Enjoy!




3 comments:

Maria Pena said...

Adri, you're such a wonderful wife!! i know, I know, you took after me..hahaha!

I love and admire how every year you get out of your comfort zone to celebrate Gerson's B-day. I pretty sure he loves that too.

I do have to mention that the lasagna looks amazingly delicious...y pues el pastelito no se diga :)

Love you!!

analaura said...

Adri, that lasagna looks great, you goota pass me the recipe. Very proud of you. You out did yourself like always!!!

Adri said...

Thank you mami! I did take after you!

Thank you Analaura, my lasagna was the bomb!! It was DELISH!! But I really didn't follow a recipe, I just put a little of this and a little of that, but I'll email it to you either way.