Sunday, February 3, 2013

Same Team. Same Side.

Several years ago, I was hanging out with a friend on his birthday. While we hung out he received a call from his dad. When he hung up he told me "I guess my dad forgot my birthday." I could not believe it. How could a parent forget their child's birthday? Well, my friend probably didn't like my reaction, so his response was "Adri, he didn't do it on purpose. He's probably busy and will remember later." Surely enough, his dad called him back within that hour to tell him happy birthday. "He didn't do it on purpose." has helped me so much in my marriage. I often think that Gerson and I make a great team. Actually, now more than ever, as parents I feel like we make a strong team. I know he's got my back. We do things being considerate of one another. However, it's not always perfect. There are times when we can't come to an agreement. Sometimes we argue. There are even times when he has made me so upset or has hurt me. But after all is said and done, I remember that he has my best interest at heart. He loves me and wants the best for me. He does not intentionally do something to hurt me. Very few husbands wake up saying "Today I am going to do something horrible to piss off my wife!" (vice versa) We all make mistakes. Have you ever thought about how you're also imperfect and have unintentionally hurt your spouse? Don't be so grudgeful. Have positive thoughts about your spouse. Remind yourself that both of you have made mistakes in your marriage and neither wakes up wanting to hurt one another. After all, you're both on the same team, same side.

0 comments: