Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's a Luxury.

I should be working out instead of blogging, but I couldn't help it. I haven't written in a while, so I will write a quick post.

Today was my first day at my new job. However, I have decided not to 'talk' too much about my job on my blog...just to remain professional. What happens at my workplace, stays at my workplace. :)

I will say though, that today being my first day and all (at my new full time job), I missed home. I missed getting home early, making myself a healthy lunch, facebook, blog, and pretty much have time for my stuff. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely excited about my first day at work. It was definitely the high light of my day. But I missed being home.

Several months ago, my sister told me that being a housewife or stay-home-mom is a luxury nowadays. Many people need jobs so the fact that a spouse can stay home and take care of the children is a luxury. I don't think I had thought about it too much, but today when my husband asked me about my first day at work, I told him "It was good, but I missed home" I was actually just kidding with him pretending to insinuate that I wanted to stay home. But his response was "Staying home is a luxury we can't afford right now"

Isn't that funny? He thinks it's a luxury as well! Well, in no way am I bashing any housewives. I am aware that mothers that stay home work more than 40 hours a week, raising children, cleaning, cooking, etc etc etc but overall it's a huge blessing.

So whether it's a blessing or luxury for you, I hope someday I also have the option of being a housewife... although I've gotta be honest, I love having a job. I am blessed to work in something I love to do and hopefully my hard work will eventually get me to where I want to be. But having the simple option of staying home or getting a job is nice. Don't you think?

If you are a beautiful and hardworking housewife, I hope you know you are super duper blessed! It's a complete luxury. The economy SUCKS so much right now that many households need 2 incomes. So if you are having a bad day with maybe too much laundry, or too many diapers to change, or too tired, just know above all of that, many women would want YOUR job. Many women would love to stay home for all the good reasons, but simply can't because like Gerson told me," it's a luxury we can't afford right now."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a "beautiful and hardworking housewife" :) and I KNOW it is a blessing, thank you for reminding me today!

Adri said...

Yes you are Liza! You are extremely blessed!