Monday, August 9, 2010

The greatest love of all.

When Gerson and I started dating, we would constantly tell each other when we were "scoring points". For example, if I had cooked dinner for him one night, he would tell me "You just scored yourself 100 points!" The number fluctuated depending what we would do for each other. It's stupid, I know. We did it just to kid with one another, but sometimes it bugged me cause it made me feel as if I had a score board that would keep record of all my good and bad points with him. And the more good points I got, the bigger chance to get him to marry me someday. But since I knew it was just to play around, I never took it too serious. Besides, Gerson (and I) meant no harm at all. We've always loved each other no matter the "points" we accumulated.

Well, this afternoon I couldn't help but think of the greatest love of all... God's love. I was taking in, breathing and feeling God's love for me. I don't think no one on this planet could love me like He does!

It doesn't matter what you do or don't do, He will always love you. He's compassionate and loves us more than you could ever imagine. Even when we have fail or forgotten Him, He's there with His continuous love. There's absolutely no score board with God. It is truly the greatest love you could ever know... an unfailing, unconditional, and promising love.

Isn't that comforting? The security in knowing that no matter what happens in this lifetime, He will always be there for you...


And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God. Romans 8:38-39

0 comments: