Wednesday, October 19, 2011

1 DAY- MY BEST

One more day is all I'm thinking right now!

I not only get to see my boo in one day, but we get to fly out and spend 5 days in San Francisco! Perfect way to reunite, don't you think?

I'm going to try my best not to be a cornball w/ this post. But first, let me tell you about two friends of ours.

I have two friends that hooked up and started dating. When I heard about it, I was so happy. I thought it would be fun to double date and hang out as couples. So we thought.

I don't even recall how long they lasted. Maybe a little bit less than a year but it was a nightmare. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but they changed so much that by the end of their relationship, I didn't know them anymore. They were jealous with each other, controlling, and isolated from everyone. As mean as this sounds, I was rooting for them to break up and eventually they did. I remember Gerson making a comment, saying "Those guys were just not meant to be...They brought the worst of each other".

You know, my relationship is no where near perfect. We too argue and disagree. Sometimes we may think we can control each other, but if Gerson has done anything these 8 years we've been together, he has brought out the best of me. He truly makes me want to be a better person. He is my number one fan... a huge support in my life ... my backbone. He lets me know where I need to improve but also builds confidence in me to do certain things. He believes in me even when I doubt myself. Gerson is a huge blessing in my life!

Hope I wasn't too much of a cheesy cornball. :) ... But I just want to encourage you to be that support that your spouse needs. Bring out the best of her/him. Encourage, inspire, and believe in them.

And if you're single, still looking for that special someone, choose wisely. If you notice that the person you're dating is only bringing you down, RUN. I believe our defects increase once we're married, so I doubt it will get better.

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE!

0 comments: