Monday, November 22, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving is only days away and I can't help but give thanks to God for all His blessings.

Actually, this year didn't start too well for me. In January, my dad suffered a heart attack and was in ICU for 7 days. It was one of the most horrible experiences in my life! But thankfully, God gave him another chance. And that's exactly how my dad sees it... as another opportunity to eat better and be a healthier person.

On a different note, these last two years have not been the easiest for me (or Gerson). I was use to working for pleasure and not for money and Gerson was use to always working. But the roles kind of changed. I had to work and provide for our household, while Gerson accepted that he would be financially supported by his wife. You can imagine... it wasn't easy adapting to these roles.

Nevertheless, we have learned so much through this ongoing journey. It's not over yet, but we have a focal point, God on our side, and a dream that's gradually becoming reality. It's exciting! And I believe that we have become stronger individuals and stronger in our marriage.

All this to say that this year I give God thanks for granting my dad life here on Earth. I love my dad so much!!! He's not perfect, but an amazing father, a loving husband, and a gullible grandfather.

I'm also grateful for the doors God opened this year (for both Gerson and I). It's been an extremely challenging adventure. But God has never left our side. Even when I thought we wouldn't survive a certain trial, he showed me to trust Him, to not give up, and continue running the race.

I thank God for giving me the wisdom to make smart decisions that have resulted in blessings from Him. And I give Him all the glory for this beautiful life He has given me. :)


I want to wish everybody a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope you all have a wonderful week, that you eat lots of turkey and pie, and enjoy the company of your loved ones.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING BLOGGERS AND READERS!!!!

Love,

Adri

0 comments: