Monday, May 19, 2014

A Midnight Moment

I support PDA. 


Gerson had a busy week. We didn't see each other much. I would think to myself throughout last week, 'how is it possible to miss someone I live with?'

Then Sunday at 12:30ish am  I hear him open the door. I eventually feel him crawl into bed. I then hear him whisper "baby" I respond, 'mhm' and he says again "baby," I figured he wanted me to open my eyes. I look at him and he says "I love you." I smiled, leaned over, kissed him, and continued sleeping.

That morning I woke up thinking about our midnight moment. About how absolutely anybody loves to be told they're loved. Especially when it's mutual. Even at midnight. Being loved is what many want, desire, chase, and can't ever seem to "find". 'Why?' I wondered. And why is it that when we have found love we can't seem to make it work.

I don't have all the answers. But what I do know is that I never want to be too busy to love. I'm grateful that in the midst of this chaotic life with residency, busy schedules, diapers, crying babies, etc we can stop and say I love you. We can stop for a second and kiss. The truth is I wouldn't want to do this life without him so I have to make it work.

That is my tip on this Monday. Always love one another. Don't get too busy or lazy. The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return. 

0 comments: