Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ferry Rides.

Have I ever told you about my fabulous honeymoon??

Since I couldn't decide on a snowy-cuddly honeymoon or a beachy-paradisiacal one, Gerson booked us both; 7 days in Vail, Colorado and from there flew to the Mexican Riviera for 7 more days. It was the best trip I have ever taken!

However, while we were in Mexico, we took a ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel. We wanted to spend a whole day in Cozumel, so we bought 2 tickets for the earliest ferry and 2 more for the latest. \

As we rode the ferry, I began to feel extremely nauseous. Shortly after so did Gerson. The 30 minute ferry ride had affected us both with motion sickness.

It kind of ruined our morning. I mean seriously, who wants to hug and kiss someone that just vomit? Not me! But as the hours passed we forgot about it and enjoyed Cozumel. That night when it was time to get back on the boat, the motion sickness continued, and our night was kind of ruined as well. It was quite traumatic.

Anytime we would take a whole different trip in a complete different city, country, and even continent, if there was a boat or ferry involved we would enter the ship afraid of getting sick. Funny thing is that never again did we suffer seasickness.

Sometimes, in relationships we act the same way Gerson and I do with boat rides. We tend to think that every relationship is going to be exactly the same as the previous one. We expect our current partner to be as funny and charming just as the ex. Or some of us could have had a traumatic experience, such as my ferry ride, that we think every single relationship will conclude in betrayal.

Each relationship and experience is different.Relationships require compromising and adjusting. Besides absolutely no one, especially men, like to be compared with an ex or any other man. I'm really hoping that if you're married, you are not comparing your spouse to ANYBODY! (Yes ladies, not even comparing him to your dad!)

The motionsickness has not stopped Gerson & I from ferry rides. Yes, we may feel unsure at times, but we get on hoping for the best. I encourage you to embrace the difference and learn from it. Make it a goal to work towards a healthy relationship.

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments: