Thursday, September 16, 2010

RACE

A while back, I began to buy signs to hang in my apartment. I don't know why, but I like them. I think they're fun. I really don't know much about decorating or interior design, but I really like them. Maybe it's because I love words. Who knows?!

Here are some of the ones hung on my wall

I love this one! I got it at Pier 1 Import and love the colors to it. It INSPIRES me to be colorful. :P


This one is pretty cheesy but it's cute.


I think this one is my favorite! I don't know why I love it, but I do. It's super simple... BECAUSE... you're welcome to fill in the rest. :)



Well, I bought a new one Labor day weekend while I was in Fredericksburg with my girl friends. I had seen them with Gerson and liked them from the beginning but we couldn't think of a word so I decided to wait since I knew I was returning the following weekend with my girls. They're wooden letters that are wrapped and glued with magazine paper. So I went back and stood there with my friend Mariela. We kept on thinking of different words and then I said "How about the word, RACE" and she asked "Race?"

So I told her that I sometimes thought of my life as a race. I feel like I'm preparing for a marathon, and I'm preparing to win the race.

I believe that God has given us so many talents, dreams, and desires, but if we don't prepare well, and run the race to win then someone else will beat us to it. I know I've written this at least once, but I will write it again : If we do our part, God will do His! ... The key is doing our part, preparing for the race and running the race to win the prize!

And then I also thought that some of my favorite verses (of the Bible) have the word RACE in it

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize... 1Corinthian 9:24


or

If you're worn out in this footrace with men,
what makes you think you can race against horses? ... Jeremiah 12:5


and

This is the only race worth running. I've run hard right to the finish, believed all the way. All that's left now is the shouting— God's applause!... 2 Timothy 4:6


So I bought the word RACE. I still don't know where to hang it, but I like it.



What word do you like???

0 comments: