Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One man's junk is another's treasure...

About 2 years ago, when I moved to SA, I gathered a whole bunch of my clothes to list on Ebay.

Gerson has been an "ebayer" for quite a while. He bids, buys, and sells.
True Story: Gerson bought our IMAC by selling everything we found useless in our home. He did not use one penny from our accounts to buy the computer, it was all saved through his ebay sells.

So I thought I would give it a shot. I listed old clothes that I wouldn't wear or that didn't fit anymore. I specifically remember listing a dress I had bought in 2006 (the year I got married) at Forever21 for $3. I wore it once and my sister told me it made me look pregnant, so I never wore it again. Well last year I sold that dress for $25 plus shipping. I could not believe it! The saying "One man's junk is another man's treasure" is very true.

My apartment is 500 square feet which means it's tiny, which means no walk-in closet for me, which also means sharing closet with the hubby, and which means not enough space! We can't keep too much of anything in our apartment.

But I love fashion. I wouldn't consider myself a shopaholic, but I do like trends. So I began to buy seasonal trends by first selling some of my old clothes. It helped me keep my closet less filled AND continue being fashionable!

I don't sell all of my clothes. I just sell the things that I know I won't wear anymore, the pieces that are faded, or that have "what was I thinking?!" written all over it.

Well, it's that time of the year again for me to sell some of the old to get some of the new! And I thought I'd share this with you incase you're wanting to make extra cash... or if you want some really nice boots for the winter, but still don't have a clue how you're going to buy them.

It has helped us a lot since we live on a tighter budget now.

0 comments: