Wednesday, January 10, 2018

New Year, New Season.

This past year I was sitting on my couch while the kids were in school when I was reminded how I had longed for a moment as that.

Raising two little ones during G's medical residency was hard guys. I couldn't afford daycare, so being all day with them and having a husband work crazy hours was absolutely draining. I remember throwing "why me?" pity parties and wishing and dreaming of having my kids in school. I needed a break from them. I remember once I was so sick, had to care for my kid, and was just crying on the floor wanting my mom to come help me. I longed for family. Overall, for just a better situation. I'm just being real here so if you're going to judge just stop reading.

Anyways, in the midst of this season, I eventually grabbed on to God and believed on all His promises. I got involved in a church. You would have thought I was a born again Christian. I would bawl while the pastor preached feeling that he was preaching just to me. Saying the exact words my life needed at that moment. Met the most amazing people, which by the way, is why I love them so much. These friends met me in one of the hardest seasons of my life yet befriended and loved me. They became the family I had longed for. I stopped the pity parties and learned to enjoy being a stay at home with two little ones. Really guys, I was the mom always out and about with the kids. Til this day my kids love being out. They knew every museum in town. Started cooking them creative meals and til this day enjoy cooking for them! Was life perfect? Not one bit. But it became about perspective and trusting God. I also chose to love my husband because I resented him so much at the beginning. (Remember, I'm just being real) and believed that if we went through this season hand in hand, God would show up.

Unsurprisingly, that's what He's always done. Show up! I could tell you millions of stories where it was a "But God!" moment. So on that couch, I was reminded of how I once longed exactly that. Some time to myself. Kids in school. Time to simply think of things I want to do for my life. A husband who's home more often. And right then I knew God was reminding me to reassure me that a season was over and a new one had begun. That peace and quiet on that couch was not only the beginning of a new season but a gift from above. I profoundly felt in my heart it was a gift. Like God telling me "remember your little pity parties?"

So hubby got home that day and I told him everything. How the peace and quiet on the couch was a gift but also how a season had ended. I felt strong knowing so. We had grown and through that growth loved each other more.

I also told G that I wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet but would get a job in 2018. Well, December 2017, I get a call from a friend asking if I was interested in a position to work for an organization he is part of. It would allow me to work from home and grow professionally. This sounded like a great opportunity, hence, accepted, and after almost 6 years of staying home I am employed!

If there is something I have learned these last years is that life is full of seasons. How you embrace the season is up to you. You can take it by the horns and ride it or you can choose to see the negative. I'm so excited about 2018. I write with the hope of encouraging you, that if you grab on to God, He will show up. I promise.

But also to share with you that one of my goals is to begin writing again. I'm looking forward to sharing with you all that's in my heart. The good. The bad. The lessons and adventures. And hope to have you as a reader.

Happy 2018 everyone! Wishing you a great and purposeful one!

0 comments: